Let's Play Basketball
Welcome to the home of NIGFBA (Northern Illinois Girls Feeder Basketball Association). The league is dedicated to advancing girls basketball. You can find out more information about our program by visiting the "About NIGFBA" page above. If you're looking for the teams and schedules, then you want to go to the "Divisions" page to the left.
2013-14 Tournament Champs
The championships final results are
- 5th: Rolling Meadows (28) def Libertyville Black (16)
- 6th: Libertyville (27) def Lake Forest (16)
- 7th: Libertyville (38) def Carmel (35)
- 8th: Lakes (38) def Hersey (36)
The friendship final results are
- 6th: St Viator (26) def Buffalo Grove (25)
- 7th: Vernon Hills (32) def Lake Zurich (27)
- 8th: Buffalo Grove (38) def Stevenson (34)
We certainly hope everyone has an exciting and fun tournament. Here are a few reminders:
- Tournament schedules updated, please verify your games
- Players can only play at one level during the tournament
- Arrive 30 minutes early at the first game to get checked in
- Parking is always tight, please arrive early
- Home team wears white (home team is first team listed in pools and top team listed in brackets)
- Rules - same rules we use all year.
Good luck and have fun!
2014-15 End Of Season League Tournament
Date: March 10-15, 2015
Location: Libertyville Sports Complex
Entrance Fee: Free
The "End of Season" tournament is a weekend of fun and basketball to give our players an opportunity to play for the league championship as well as take part in other activities. There will be two tournament series (Championship and Friendship) for grades 6-8 and a Championship bracket for the 5th grade. Additionally the NIGFBA All-Star game will be Sunday March 15 at 7PM.
Invite your family, friends and fans to watch thrilling girls basketball and the high school stars of tomorrow. There will be upto 8 games being played simultaneously throughout the weekend. And remember, there is no fee at the door so be sure to bring lots of spectators.
Tournament Waiver and Ankle Band
Every player at this year's End of Season tournament will be required to complete a tournament waiver and wear an ankle band for the duration of the tournament. When the waiver is turned in by the player, an ankle band will be issued. NOTE: the player must be present to get the ankle band, the bands WILL NOT be given to parents or coaches. Anyone found to be playing without an ankle band will be asked to leave the game until one can be obtained.
Everyone should plan for extra time prior to their first game so they can check-in at the tournament desk and get ankle bands.